Are you a Good Candidate for LASIK Eye Surgery?
Board-certified ophthalmologists of the leading eye surgery clinics in Springfield, Branson and Joplin are eager to meet with you to determine if you are a good candidate for LASIK surgery. During consultation, a Missouri Eye Institute surgeon will thoroughly explain the appropriate procedures available and make you aware of risks, benefits and realistic expectations for your improved eyesight.
Every patient’s health status is unique, therefore we can not determine if you are a good candidate for surgery without a thorough medical background discussion and eye examination. However, if you answer “yes” to each of these questions you may be a good candidate for LASIK:
- I am at least 18 years old.
- I have nearsightedness, farsightedness and/or astigmatism.
- My vision has been stable, with little to no change in prescription, for the past year.
- I do not have glaucoma or cataracts.
- I have not had an eye infection or injury in the past year.
- I do not have a chronic disease such as diabetes.
- My autoimmune system is in good general health.
- I am not pregnant or nursing.
Did you answer “yes” to the questions above? Contact us today for a consultation. If you answered “no” to any of the questions you are still encouraged to give us a call as there are many options, other than LASIK, to potentially assist you with improved vision.